Date: December 15, 2020
Contacts: Working Group Chairs Dr. Brenda Robinson (518) 596-0936 & Dannielle Hille (518) 336-0042
ALBANY, NY – After hearing from the community, the working group chairs of the City of Albany Policing Reform and Reinvention Collaborative have revised the meeting format. Meetings will now be livestreamed and all comments will be public.
The City of Albany is hosting the third of seven (7) much-anticipated public input sessions for its Policing Reform and Reinvention Collaborative tonight.
Mayor Kathy Sheehan, Chief Eric Hawkins, and the members of the City of Albany Policing Reform and Reinvention Collaborative want the public’s input as they continue the important work of eliminating structural racism and bias through transforming policies, procedures, and programs within the Albany Police Department. The City of Albany is grateful for the public’s continued willingness to make its voice heard as we reimagine policing in our community.
The following public input sessions were held virtually on Zoom at the dates and times listed:
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020; 6:00pm-8:00pm – General Session
- Friday, December 11, 2020; 6:00pm-8:00pm – Police Department Functions
The following public input sessions will be held virtually on Zoom at the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, December 15, 2020; 6:00pm-8:00pm – Recruitment & Retention
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020; 6:00pm-8:00pm – Community Safety
- Monday, January 4, 2021; 6:00pm-6:45pm – General Session – CLOSED TO PUBLIC
- Monday, January 4, 2021; 6:45pm-8:00pm – General Session – OPEN TO PUBLIC
- Wednesday, January 6, 2021; 6:00pm-8:00pm – Police SOP’s and GO’s
- Monday, January 11, 2021; 6:00pm-8:00pm – Civilian Oversight
Residents can register to speak at one of the public input sessions by filling out this form
To view the livestream of these meetings, please visit the City of Albany Facebook page.
Community members also have the option to submit anonymous written comments by email or via USPS to the following address:
c/o Office of the Mayor
24 Eagle St.
Albany, NY 12207
Comments can also be submitted via phone call or text to (518) 618-2268. Residents’ comments will be reviewed and considered by the Collaborative working groups as they compile a draft report.
Additional information about the Albany Policing Reform and Reinvention Collaborative.
The public is encouraged to periodically check the website for information and updates related to the Collaborative.