- Use fertilizers and pesticides sparingly and according to the directions.
- Do not fertilize if rain is forecasted within the next 48 hours.
- Seed any exposed soil to prevent it from being carried away in runoff.
- Wash your car at a commercial car wash, or on your lawn where the soil can filter the dirty and soapy water.
- Check under your vehicle for leaks or spills.
- Clean up any oil or chemical spills with an absorbent material like cat litter or sand.
- Never dispose of oil or other engine fluids down the storm drain, on the ground, or into a ditch.
Pet Waste Disposal
- Pet waste contains coliform bacteria which creates health risks for people.
- Scoop it up and flush it down the toilet.
- Never dispose of pet waste down storm drains or sewers.
- Test the water to ensure no chlorine is detected before you drain your pool.
- Drain your pool onto the lawn slowly to prevent erosion.
- Collect roof water in rain barrels and reuse it to water your lawn or garden.
- Direct gutter downspouts into a vegetated area or a rain garden where it can be filtered through the soil.
Please submit comments/questions on the draft annual report to Peter Beck, Stormwater Coordinator.