Announcement Regarding 2020 Assessment Schedule
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and in an effort to assure that all property owners have adequate opportunity to protest their assessment if they believe they are over-assessed, the City of Albany has decided to exercise several options contained in the Governor's Executive Order Number 202.22.
The modifications the City has elected to enact are as follows:
- The tentative assessment roll will be published on June 1, 2020.
- The final assessment roll will be published on August 1, 2020.
- The 2020 Board of Assessment Review hearing has been rescheduled to June 22, 2020.
- More information including times of hearing will be posted here shortly.
- The Board of Assessment Review's 2020 hearing will be conducted remotely. The meeting will be open to the public via Zoom and open conference call.
- In person inspection of the Assessment Roll has been suspended for 2020.
- Department of Assessment Staff will be available electronically via Zoom, Skype, Facetime as well as by telephone and mail correspondence to assist property owners complete the required RP-524 Form. Specific information on how to schedule an appointment Assessment staff will be found here shortly.
- Form RP-524s (PDF) may be submitted by email, or may be mailed to:
Department of Assessment
24 Eagle Street
Albany, NY 12207
- 2020 464 through 465 Inventory (PDF)
- 2020 464 through 465 Sales (PDF)
- 2020 481 through 483 Inventory (PDF)
- 2020 481 through 483 Sales (PDF)
- 2020 Apartment Building Inventory (PDF)
- 2020 Apartment Building Sales (PDF)
- 2020 Commercial Inventory (PDF)
- 2020 Commercial Sales (PDF)
- 2020 Residential Inventory (PDF)
- 2020 Residential Sales (PDF)
- 2020 Vacant Land Inventory (PDF)
- 2020 Vacant Land Sales (PDF)