The Knox Street Historic District is one and one-half blocks in length from north of Dana Avenue to south of Morris Street and includes twenty-four (24) buildings, all of which contribute to the district.
The three brick rowhouses at 133-137 Knox Street were constructed in 1875 in the Italianate style. The buildings at 143-153 Knox Street (1885-86) are identical three-story brick rowhouses designed with Italianate and Romanesque influences. The two-story brick Federal-style building at 74 Morris Street (1838) is the earliest building in the district and was built for James Wilson who owned greenhouses and nurseries which covered much of the current Park South Neighborhood. The brick rowhouses at 146-158 Knox Street were designed with Italianate and Queen Anne influences.